SAA is an open access and free-to-publish journal. SAA does not charge submission fees or article processing fees from authors.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in the ‘Comments to the Editor’ field from the online submission form).
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The text adheres to the requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Copyright Policy for Studia Antiqua et Archaeologica
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Attribution-ShareAlike License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal. The exclusive responsibility in respect of the acknowledgement of author’s rights and/or copyright rests with the responsible author(s).
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- The Editor, publisher and reviewers of this journal cannot accept responsibility for the infringement of authors’ rights or copyright. The author grants the publisher unlimited rights to publish the work in any format and/or medium, whether for gain or any other purpose.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Authors can submit their articles using the online submission form.